2020 Adrien Pouliot Award
Call for Nominations
Nominations of individuals or teams of individuals who have made
significant and sustained contributions to mathematics education in
Canada are solicited. Such contributions are to be interpreted in the
broadest possible sense and might include: community outreach
programs, the development of a new program in either an academic or
industrial setting, publicizing mathematics so as to make mathematics
accessible to the general public, developing mathematics displays,
establishing and supporting mathematics conferences and competitions for
CMS aims to promote and celebrate diversity in the
broadest sense. We strongly encourage department chairs
and nominating committees to put forward nominations for
outstanding colleagues regardless of race, gender, ethnicity
or sexual orientation.
Nominations must be received by the CMS Office no later than
Please submit your nomination electronically, preferably in PDF format, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Include contact information for both nominee and nominator.
- Describe the nominated individual's or team's sustained contributions to mathematics education. This description
should provide some indication of the time period over which these activities have been undertaken and some evidence of
the success of these contributions. This information must not exceed four pages.
- Two letters of support from individuals other than the nominator should be included with the nomination.
- Curricula vitae should not be submitted since the information from them relevant to contributions to mathematics
education should be included in the nomination form and the other documents mentioned above.
- If nomination was made in the previous year, please indicate this.
- Members of the CMS Education Committee will not be considered for the award during their tenure
on the committee.
Individuals who made a nomination last year can renew this nomination by
simply indicating their wish to do so by the deadline date.
In this case, only updating materials need be provided as the
original has been retained.